From distant rigs to pitching decks, baking deserts to frozen ice packs, the Iridium 9555 satellite phone can handle any environment. It is small but determined, sleek but industrial grade, easy to use but powerful. It is every bit as rugged as our previous handsets - still resistant to water, dust and shock - but streamlined and packed with innovative new features.
Rugged and reliable
The Iridium 9555 is engineered to withstand the world’s toughest environments, so the world’s toughest customers can depend on it as a critical lifeline wherever need takes them.
The Iridium 9555 is not only the smallest phone Iridium has ever made, it’s also the most powerful. With a significantly reduced footprint from our previous phone, more hand-friendly form factor, and aerodynamic features such as an internally stowed antenna, this sleek handset is designed to easily go wherever you go.
In addition to the features Iridium customers have come to expect from our trusted satellite phones, the Iridium 9555 also incorporates innovations such as an integrated speakerphone, improved SMS and email messaging capabilities, and an upgraded mini-USB data port.
The Iridium 9555 is the evolution of trusted, reliable mobile communications.
Dimensions: 143 mm (L) x 55 mm (W) x 30 mm (D)
Weight: 266 g (9.4 oz)
Operating Temperature Range: -10 °C to +55 °C
- Standby time: up to 30 hours
- Talk time: up to 3.1 hours
- 200 character illuminated graphic display
- Volume, signal and battery strength meters
- Illuminated weather-resistant keypad
- Integrated speakerphone
- Quick-connect to Iridium voice mail
- Two-way SMS and short email capability
- Pre-programmable International Access Code (00 or +)
- Mailbox for voice, numeric & text messages
- Selectable ring and alert tones (8 choices)
- 100-entry internal address book, with capacity for multiple phone numbers, email addresses and notes
- SIM card address book with 155-entry capacity
- Call history retains received, missed and dialed calls
Usage Control Features
- User-configurable call timers to manage costs
- Keypad lock and PIN lock for additional security
Iridium 9555 satellite phone package includes: AC charger, international plug kit, DC travel charger, hands-free headset, leather case, auxiliary antenna adapter, 5' external auxiliary antenna, USB data cable, quick-start guide, user guide, and CD-ROM