Small and Powerful Ku-band VSAT is an ideal onboard Broadband Solution
Stay connected so you can spend more time onboard your boat or yacht! For high-quality, always-on broadband data connections, an integrated voice line for crystal-clear calls, and data speeds as fast as 2 Mbps, choose KVH’s ultra-compact 37 cm (14.5 inch) TracPhone® V3-IP antenna and the worldwide mini-VSAT Broadband network – the no. 1 maritime VSAT service. TracPhone V3-IP’s exclusive ArcLight® spread spectrum technology enables use of small, powerful antennas with no compromise in coverage or data speed.
Streamlined Belowdecks Unit Simplifies Life Onboard
TracPhone V3-IP features the new Integrated CommBox Modem (ICM) for easy installation and use. The ICM is a streamlined belowdecks unit that combines everything needed into one 2U high enclosure:
- IP-enabled antenna control unit for easy set-up and use
- CommBox™ Network Manager to make is easy to set up unique Internet access for owner, crew, and guests
- ArcLight spread spectrum modem
- Voice over IP (VoIP), Ethernet switch, and Wi-Fi capabilities
Affordable Solution for Broadband Connectivity Today and Tomorrow
Compact enough for boats as small as 30 feet, TracPhone V3-IP enables you to stay connected to family, friends, and your office. It is the ideal replacement for older satellite services that are being discontinued or provide service that is too expensive and slow to be practical. Our airtime plans offer rates as low as $0.49 per MB, with all plans offering phone calls for only $0.49 per minute worldwide. Best, with TracPhone V3-IP’s ICM, you’re ready for the next wave in onboard connectivity: KVH’s IP-MobileCast™ service – providing multicast delivery of news, movies, and entertainment directly to subscribing boats.
- World’s smallest marine VSAT system featuring 37 cm (14.5 inch) diameter antenna, designed exclusively for the No. 1 maritime VSAT service, mini-VSAT Broadband
- Download speeds as fast as 2 Mbps with plans starting at only $0.99/MB and as low as $0.49/MB
- Crystal-clear phone calls worldwide at only $0.49 per minute
- Breakthrough new belowdecks unit – Integrated CommBox Modem (ICM) includes IP-enabled antenna control unit, built-in CommBox Network Manager, ArcLight spread spectrum modem, Voice over IP (VoIP), Ethernet switch, and Wi-Fi capabilities
- Expanded network capacity – ArcLight’s new Variable Coding, Spreading, and Modulation (VCSM) technology has doubled the mini-VSAT Broadband network’s capacity
- Modern, user-friendly browser-based user interface with iPhone® app
- Rugged, high-performance design with superior tracking and stabilization
- Easy integration with Iridium Pilot® for pole-to-pole, global coverage
- Simple installation with fastest activation in the industry
The TracPhone V3IP provides VoIP voice calling and background IP services. Local voice numbers are assigned to your unit once you identify your ‘home’ country so all voice calling is completed by dialing standard phone numbers. If calling to your V3 from the same area code as the ‘home’ country of the unit, calls are processed as local, otherwise standard long-distance and international rates apply. All aspects of your voice account can be managed online. This permits you to check your account info, view your call history, listen to voicemail and configure call features at any time.
Data is available at advertised speeds of up to 128 kbps in the forward or ship-to-shore direction and 2 Mbps in the downlink or shore-to-ship direction. Actual forward speeds are between 80 and 90 kbps and drop still lower when voice calls are processing through the system. OCENS’ VSAT data services such as OCENS Mail, WeatherNet, and XWeb address this weakness by compressing your data traffic and accelerating ship to shore transfers 10x to 20x. Since with VSAT you are paying on a per MB basis, any byte compressed is money you save. The webXaccerator offered by OCENS provides even higher compression levels, crew or guest pin metering for controlling access to the VSAT for personal Internet or email activity, and failover protection to other communication devices to ensure uninterrupted voice and data service for your vessel. Contact us for additional information on OCENS VSAT data services and webxaccelerator.